back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Thursday, June 17, 2010

You never know...until someone tells you

I had a visit from a newly single friend the other day, and was reminded of one of my favorite lessons: You never know how you touch the lives of others, so live to your fullest potential every chance you get. In my work, I strive to create physically, emotionally, and aesthetically functional living spaces for my clients, and I tend to go around thinking of myself and my place in the world as "artist", "decorator", and general joker.

Is this why she stopped to see me? No. She stopped to tell me that she'd had a flat tire, and now that there is no husband to call, when she couldn't find the jack or the tool to release the spare, her next thought was "What would Dawn-Marie do?" Wow. So, now I know, and on those days when every color I choose is wrong on the client's wall, or I get the message from someone that I'm not girly-girl enough, those are the words I'll remember.

Did someone inspire you today? If so, let them know...you never know how you might touch their life!

Dawn-Marie, Artist in Wonderland, tire changer, bat catcher, soup maker and general joker at...
theartofthehome.blogspot.com

No comments: