back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BELIEVE

I do not have any great advice to share today, so I will share a story that is a small reminder that we all need to BELIEVE.
My husband and I bought a new (to us, it's a 1967) boat. We took it out for the first time on a Friday evening on a little, never crowded, lake in Norwood as we knew it had been in storage for a LONG time and may take a while to get going. We tried for about 20 minutes to start the bigger motor and it was just not wanting to wake up from its years of rest. After I started to get a bit frustrated (funny how I was frustrated and all I did basically was watch) I reached for my purse and started to dig for my Tiger Eye Stone (purchased at Mystic Journey :) My husband saw me grab my purse, and said, "Don't you dare get out your stupid rocks!" Tiger eye Aids Confidence, Enhances Concentration, Brings Prosperity and Luck and at this point I figured we needed a bit of luck! I ignored him and began to hold the stone over the motor rubbing it's smooth surface and sending positive energy and thoughts toward the motor. Well, you can imagine what happened within a minute! Yep! The motor began to sound just like it should and we were off! After making my husband thank the rock, (boy he was sick of me at this point) I put it back safely in my purse, ready for the next time I need it. (If he tells this story by the way, he will say that he cracked open a Linneys beer just before the motor started)
Now, I can not prove that the motor started because of my stone and positive energy, but I BELIEVE in the connection in the Universe and our Spirit. I BELIEVE in karma, destiny, and Santa Clause. I BELIEVE in world peace and that hopefully I will be alive to see it. I BELIEVE in love.
It does not matter what you BELIEVE in. Just find something that you are passionate about and at the very least BELIEVE in YOURSELF!

Lisa Fahey

Sarah - thanks for the reminder! I too have been so busy being a mom, a cleaning lady, a cook, an Insurance Agent, a volunteer, that I forget to stop and laugh. I will make it a point to laugh everyday! Sarah J - is there a rock for laughter????

No comments: