back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I visited with a client yesterday who recently had to give up driving.  After we were done talking "business" we sat at the kitchen table and chatted about anything and everything.  She feels so stuck.  She has a big family and they take her wherever she needs to go, and she has friends that just pop in to say hi.  Her sadness, however, comes from her loss of control.  She is now dependant on others for rides.  This must be an aweful feeling.  On the filp side, her daughter now comes over every Sunday and they go to church together.  Another daughter calls her every night on her way home from work.  My Grandpa just happen to tell me last week, after his brother past away, that he will miss the phone call he had with his brother every Sunday.  This all gets me thinking how I need to get better about reaching out to loved ones just because.  We can't wait for something to happen to force us to be better about just stopping by nor do I want to be regretful because I did not make it a point to call someone on a weekly basis just to say hi.  It is the little things in life that make a difference.  So to all of you who I may not have said it to lately :  "you are special to me and I am greatful for the time we have spent together and look forward to memories we will create".
My office has been busy as I tried to blog so I apologize if I did not make much sense today.  At any rate, enjoy your day, tell someone you love them, and do a random act of kindness - it really will make the world a better place!

Lisa Fahey

No comments: