back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Challenging comfort zones!

So this weekend I had the opportunity to challenge my comfort zone.  I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about. Made myself go to a place that made me feel a little uncomfortable but knew that it would be good for me.  The opportunity arrived in the form of the BBQ days parade!  Myself, Dawn Marie Quinche and Lupe Fonseca were superheros for a couple hours!  Along with some little superheros who helped us out.  I was Captain Subconscious!!!!  I wore capri leggings with a bright red cape and red gloves.  I felt a little self conscious walking down the middle of Main street in that get up.  But I can't even begin to describe the sense of pride I felt that I did it!!  I know that I can do anything that I set my mind to.  But sometimes it takes a challenge, it takes us pushing ourselves past our comfort zone.  It reminds me of a quote that I heard.
"the greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually fear that you will make one"
So many times we don't do things cause were afraid of making mistakes. Afraid of looking like a fool (that was my fear).  But if you don't try, if your not willing to make mistakes, your missing out on soo many opportunities.  So I put out the challenge to everyone to challenge yourself, surprise yourself with what you're able to do, how strong and capable you are.  Cause I can guarantee that your stronger than you think you are!

Thanks for your time,
Sarah Bran de León

No comments: