back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I know it's been a long time since my last post. Like I told the other ladies, I have no excuse. I'll try and pick up where I left off last time. I believe I was talking about beliefs and the power of the mind. The question being, what type of beliefs do you have? There are 2 types: empowering beliefs and limiting beliefs.

Empowering beliefs:
  • Allow us to tap into our full potential
  • Help us ask better questions to access resources that can help us reach our goal
  • Encourage us to look for solutions instead of quitting when we face challenges

Examples of empowering beliefs: If I did it before, I can do it again
I know it's possible
There has to be a way
I have all the tools I need, it will just take time,
perseverance and patience
Exercise is fun


Limiting beliefs:

  • Cause us to ignore opportunities by not focusing our minds on solutions
  • Create a sense of false limits about our abilities, talents and power
  • Limit our potential

Examples of limiting beliefs: I could never do that
I'm not ______enough (smart, pretty, wealthy)
I'll never be able to lose weight and keep it off
I don't have enough time


I there is something you would like to change about your life, what are your beliefs about that issue. Are your beliefs helping you or hurting you?

The good thing is that beliefs can be changed!!!


"When you believe in something, and you carry it in your heart, you accept no excuses, only results." -Ken Blanchard

- Sarah Bran de León C.H

No comments: