back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I just wrapped up a life insurance proposal and it felt like a good time to remind all of you how important a policy is on you and all of the members of your family. No one likes to discuss life insurance. It is not a fun topic and believe me, it is confusing. But think about how tragic loss is and combine that with these tough economic times and tragedy becomes catastrophe. Protect your self and your family. For the small amount it takes each month, it is worth peace of mind.



On a lighter note, I wanted to share the successes I have experienced learning meditation at Mystic Journey. I am not a huge fan of heights. I will never forget when my body went into panic mode while on the top of a Ferris wheel in Chicago. I was about 26 years old and Heights had never bothered me before. On this wonderful trip with friends I was suddenly overcome with fear and loss of control. Oh well. I guess the fun was over for me. I have avoided heights for years since and when I was in situations like climbing a lighthouse with my kids, I simply headed back down when I felt the panic starting. I took one of Sarah's classes on Beginning Meditation. I did not go with the intent of facing my fears but for the relaxation and health benefits I head read about. The class was so informative and I have since continued to practice and learn more about meditation. I was shocked last summer while on a family trip to find that the tools I learned could help me through situations that previously would have had me "quitting". We were on a hike in the Mountains in beautiful Washington. Unbeknownst to me, we had to cross a high bridge above a creek to reach our destination. I wanted to turn around a run back down the mountain. But I am tried of that. It is my body and I will not let the fears I have developed (for no apparent reason) make my decisions. (for any of you who have experience this you know you get physically sick). So I took a deep breath and started to calm my self and put my mind in a place of peace and comfort. I was amazed when I took the steps high above the running creek and got to the other side. My husband was at the other side with his jaw on the trail and said "whatever you do at Mystic Journey, don't ever stop". Pretty funny coming from the guy who used to tease me when I was off to what he referred to as "voodoo classes". Now, I am not off to take up skydiving and still don't know if I will ever make it to the top of the Space Needle, but I know that what I choose to do can be accomplished when I focus positive energy on my goals and connect my mind, body and spirit. If you have never meditated before, I highly recommend one of Sarah's classes and learn about all of the benefits. I can not thank her enough for helping me!

Peace to you all,
Lisa Fahey

No comments: