back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's official.  I am the mother of a teenager. I know it is hard to believe that my oh-so-young-looking-self has a thirteen year old, but my son had a birthday on Sunday throwing me into the club of Moms of teens. I have mixed emotions about this.  On one hand, its only a number, but on the other it is a harsh slap of reality that as each year goes by, he is that much closer to becoming an adult.  So I will do my best to cherish each moment in the next several years, and help guide him along a path that will insure a wonderful future as he creates his adult life.  The terms "cut the apron strings" and "cut the umbilical cord" come to mind, but for me it is going to take baby steps so today I am only willing to sever the strings ever so slightly!

Wish me luck and patience!

Lisa Fahey
www.speikercompany.com

No comments: