back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Work or Play and the To do list


The other night while I was putting my daughter to bed, I noticed a paper on the floor, a list.  As I read it I had to smile.  It was a to do list, of things she wanted to do that day.  It read:
  1. Play with buddy
  2. play a game
  3. play with buddy more
  4. play in my room
  5. draw
  6. have a picnic outside
  7. play outside
  8. scribble
  9. have fun
  10. have more fun
Somewhere along the line, I have forgotten to have fun.  When was the last time I took a whole day to just have fun?  I can’t even remember.  My list goes something like this:
  1. Make breakfast
  2. do dishes
  3. blog
  4. make lunch
  5. do dishes
  6. mow the lawn
  7. take kids to karate
  8. make supper
  9. do dishes
  10. go to bed
And that’s on my day off!  I am going to take a lesson from my daughter and try and have more fun.  What I was thinking was to take a day a week or maybe even half a day to play and have fun.  I don’t think it’s realistic to expect everyday to be fun, but life can’t be all work either.  There has to be a healthy balance in there somewhere.  As I find my balance, good luck to you as you find yours.
Health and happiness…
Sarah Bran de Leon

WWW.CALMWATERSHYPNOSIS.COM

No comments: