back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Friday, August 13, 2010

Who inspires you?

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of women business owners who inspire me.  Here are links to a few websites you might find inspiring:

maureencarlson.com   Check out the galleries to see the diverse styles of Maureen's polymer clay sculpture, then take a video tour of the boarding house where you can stay when attending classes there.  She was on my list of imaginary mentors long before I met her in person, and then one day I discovered I live 7 miles from her shop.  Lucky, lucky me!

magnoliapearl.com   Robin Brown creates life in lovely vintage layers.  I love her bold quirkiness.  I'm not tempted to go quite so wild, but she certainly gives me the confidence to let my "Mountain Girl Goes for Baroque" style show a bit more.  Life is too short to hide your light, and Robin proves that just being your true self is the most precious gift you give to the world.

Ashley Carter of goldbugstudio.com creates the paper follies I'm certain I would create if only I could collect another ton of ephemera, in order to have just the right parts on hand for the projects that my never quiet mind constantly designs.  I think I'll make some party hats inspired by hers for my next birthday bash!

Come join us on Mondays at 1:00 at Mystic Journey, and tell us who and what inspires you!  And visit me at theartofthehome.blogspot.com if you want to see a little bit of how this artist lives her business...
Have a great weekend!  Dawn-Marie

No comments: