back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wow. The post proceeding this one is truely an eye opener for me!  Sarah that was so beautifully written.  I did not grow up in a hunting family, we fed the deer in our backyard in Bloomington along the river valley and would run to the window when one was spotted to watch them.  I don't think my dad owned a gun and if he did, I never saw it.  I wouldn't say I am against hunting, to say that would get me into intense conversations that I do not wish to participate in.  I don't want to see it, I don't like to hear the shots fired and wonder if there is an animal out there suffering, I don't want to hear hunting stories, and I certianly do not want to eat it!  But Sarah's blog shed a new light on the subject for me.  And for a 14 year old to be learning the lesson she is teaching is absolutly heart warming.  I teared up reading the message, and not because I felt bad for the deer (which is typically my reaction) but because there are people out there with wonderful values and morals in a world that most of the time does not make sense to me at all.  YOU are a gift Sarah, not only to your family but to ALL of the lives you are touching.

Lisa Fahey

No comments: