back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shoes

I recently read  that it takes about 1000 years for the average pair of shoes to decompose in a landfill. That is not a typo - 1000 YEARS!  I had just bought a new pair of cute brown boots and took them back after I read it.  Not only did that save me forty buckeroos, I felt a bit better about all of the shoes I have that will be here long after my grandchildrens grandchildrens grandchildrens children are born.  It was one tiny step on my part. I love to shop for shoes but I have never thought about the impact on the earth.  I will from now on!!


Lisa Fahey

No comments: