back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Thursday, October 28, 2010

If you are anything like me, the change in seasons (in this weeks case, goodbye sun, hello wind, rain, snow and cold temps) triggers something inside to make changes in oneself.  I am on a kick to get loose weight, cook healthier meals for my family, clean out closets, make more money, spend more time with family etc. etc. etc.
Thinking of all the areas in my life that need improving or changes can be so overwhelming.  I am going to go a bit easier on myself this fall and take baby steps.  For those of you who are looking to make and accomplish goals let me give you a bit of advice:  Make a list of things you would like done.  Make it simple.  Put wake up on your list.  That way, if you accomplish nothing else on your list, you can at least cross that off!  Ask for help.  If cleaning out the garage is on your list, ask your husband or kids to help out!  Put on some music and make the best of an otherwise icky chore.  My friend and I once helped each other put up Christmas Lights.  We had a great time doing it together and it made the project much more enjoyable!  The day to day tasks can get boring but if you can put a new twist on it, you may actually have a good time.  Set realistic goals and do not get to discouraged when those darn obstacles get in your way!










I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
  ~Author Unknown~


Lisa Fahey
www.speikercompany.com

No comments: