back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Music and working out

The other day, I was working out and my ipod's battery went dead.  I immediately stopped and had a hard time getting back into my routine.  I am someone who can't workout unless I have some sort of beat going and the ability to dance in between exercises (yes, I work out at home).  That day was probably the most boring and difficult workout I've had in a while.  Not because I worked out harder, but because I didn't have music to keep my energy up and keep my mind off the fatigue.  It seems, there is a scientific explanation for this.  Studies have found that music helps keep your mind off fatigue and muscle soreness, allowing you to work out harder and longer than you would without the uplifting beats.  I did a little research and found a good article about some studies that were done on exercise and music.  Check it out if you are so inclined.  Otherwise try it for  yourself.  Next time you're working out, put on some good dance music and have fun.  Yes, I said fun.  Which is what working out should be.  Do some exercise and than dance.  I should probably specify that the workouts (if your including the dancing) might best be done at home.  Unless your one of those people who just doesn't care what anyone else thinks of your dance moves, in that case... bless you!
http://www.suite101.com/content/music-and-physical-activity-a180556


Happiness,
Sarah Bran de Leon
www.calmwatershypnosis.com

No comments: