back: Sarah B, Cat, Jill, Dawn Marie, Sue; middle: Christine, Lupe, Lisa, Pamela, Sarah J; front: Cindy

Inspiring thoughts, ideas and information provided by women business owners.

The purpose of Keystone Women's Circle is to unite, support and promote women business owners. A keystone is the stone in an arch that binds all others in place. In a circle of stones, every stone is a keystone. We believe that together we can create a foundation, not of brick and mortar, but of relationships and mutual support, enabling all of us to prosper.


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting Older......

I just returned from the eye Doctor and I had mentioned to her that I have been seeing some flashing in the lower right corner of my right eye that I was concerned about.  With a smile, she told me basically I am getting old.  (YES!!!! Now my day is complete!!!!)
Apparently, this is common when the gel behind your eye is moving around as we age.
(BONUS!!! I LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT GELS AND CRAP IN MY BODY TRYING TO ADAPT TO MY ANCIENT SELF!!!)
That, combined with needing to hold things away from my eyes JUST A LITTLE BIT, are things I have to look forward to as I get older.
(NOT to say this is happening but its what I have heard :)
I guess today is the first day of me getting older.

On the bright side, I am not suffering from a brain tumor that causes flashing vision.  (So I needlessly have been worrying about that for a week, which probably caused more grey hair and wrinkles - another lovely sign of aging.  I just can't win.)

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. 
~Chili Davis





Have a wonderful day!
Lisa Fahey
www.speikercompany.com

No comments: